About Me

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Watching Him work

I'm taking a break tonight from the event that has been consuming my life for the last month - and blogging. I'm actually also watching the Return of the King - one of my very favorite movies. I thought it might be a good idea to talk about some of what's been happening with the rally so far. I'm amazed and in awe of all that God has done. Here's a quick rundown of all the things God has put together:
  • We now have 200 school supply packs ready to be given out - all from money that was donated by our church members
  • We have over 30 door prizes (gift cards, backpacks, and other things) - all donated by church members and local businesses
  • All the food & drinks for the event have been donated by local businesses. (Hungry Howie's Pizza, Tex's Star Grill, & Frostie drink co.)
  • We are able to pass out flyers this week at the Elementary school's registration
  • there is so much more - but my brain is kind of fried, so this is all I can remember right now.

I have had so many wonderful conversations with people over the last week about what God is doing in and through FBC Watauga. I cannot begin to say how impressed I am with all of the people I have the privilege of serving and worshipping with. These people have given so much of their time and their resources and their support - I am constantly impressed - and so grateful.

I'm sure there's more I want to say. I'm so overwhelmed with excitement at the Back 2 School Rally opportunity. I'm praying that we will be able to connect with our community in a very big way and that people will really get that we love them, and that Jesus loves them! Will you pray with me that we are able to make a significant impact on the families and staff of Watauga Elementary, and Watauga as a whole. I cannot wait to tell you how it all turns out. I know God will do big things this Saturday - I am so honored to be allowed to watch Him work!

No comments: