About Me

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Excellence honors God

I read a quote today that I had never heard before:

" No crooked table legs or ill-fitted drawers, I daresay, ever came out of the Carpenter's shop in Nazareth." - Dorothy Sayers

I am quite moved by this quote. I have always believed that excellence honors God - that we should always give our very best in all that we do in order to really bring Him glory. That when we are unprepared or unpracticed we miss the point. I feel this way with music in regards to worship. I, personally, have a difficult time worshipping onstage when I feel unprepared. I find myself concentrating more on the notes and chords than on the One I'm singing/playing about. I hate that. This quote is pretty significant to me - I can't imagine that Jesus ever sold something that wasn't His very best work. I can imagine that He worked long and hard to make sure that everything was "perfect". I had never thought of that before. I pray that it occupies my thoughts today so that I will give everything I have to the work God has for me today. I pray it also for you.

No comments: