About Me

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Are You A Missionary?

Someone asked me a few days ago if I was a missionary and I said no. That was the wrong answer. It took me by surprise. I knew it was the wrong answer even as I spoke it, but I couldn't think of how to express it to her. It's another one of those times when I knew right afterwards what I would say if I could go back and replay the moment.

I would say yes, I have a missional heart. I am a missionary-not to a foreign land, but God had called me to be on mission with Him right where I live.

In 2 Cor 2:14 it says that as Christ followers, we are the fragrance of Christ, a fragrance that comes from knowing Him. The deeper my relationship grows the better I'm going to smell.

Sometimes I sure don't feel so fragrant. In fact, sometimes I know I stink, but I'm not going to give up. Thanks be to God that He loves me with an everlasting love and will never give up on me!

It's my heart's desire to see my world as a mission field every minute of every day. I want to see my everyday walking around world with spiritual eyes and to look at every circumstance and every person that I meet with an eternal perspective.

At the end of week 1 day 5 of the Willis/Blackaby study, On Mission with God, it says, "God has placed you in this unique era of His kingdom's advance. He wants you to join Him on mission to bring all peoples of the world to glorify His name."

Lord God it is such a pleasant thing to rest in Your grace and Your mercy. Thank You for loving me in spite of my many flaws. You continuously amaze me with Your love and watch-care over me. Help me to remember that every second of every day I am a missionary.

- Sandra

No comments: