About Me

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Has it really been that long?

It's been several weeks since my last post - sounds kinda like I'm confessing :)

I've been busy, as I'm sure you can guess. Elisa started 3rd grade on Monday. Ricky is in the middle of the last full week at his current job (to start a new job on the 8th). I'm working hard on potty training Syd, and Maya is finally sleeping through the night (and by that I mean, for about 5-6 hours straight - a huge improvement).

I also had the privilege of tagging along with our church's Missions committee on a retreat we had last Friday/Saturday. Although I felt a little out of place (since I'm not on the committee - and Maya was with me), I really enjoyed being with the group. I'm constantly amazed at each one of them - how passionate they are about the things of God, how excited they are about being involved in what God is doing, how intentional they are about seeking God's direction - instead of coming up with their own plans. God is very much at work within that group - and also within our church.

Despite being a little overwhelmed with all that I need to get done (B2S Video Recap, finish the B2S thank you notes, clean my house for Elisa's bday party, plan Elisa's bday party, not to mention all the regular stuff I do every week), and with everything that's about to change, I am excited about what's ahead. I can't wait to see what God will do in the months ahead. I am also already anticipating Fall and all that comes with it - holidays, cold, decorations, snow (hopefully).

How's that for a random bunch of thoughts?

No comments: