About Me

Friday, July 18, 2008

Perspective

I was reading a blog a moment ago from a person I love dearly. She is a faithful missionary now serving in Singapore, who means the world to my mother. If you'd like to read it, you can do so here.

I've finally gained some perspective about the icky week I've been having. First, everyone has difficulties. I'm not alone. I've been acting a little "poor me" lately and I realize it was quite selfish on my part. Second, I depend on the people around me too much. When I am having difficulties, the first thing I do is call up my mom, sister, husband or a friend to talk about it. Not to say that depending on friends for support and encouragement is a bad thing - unless it takes the place of depending on God. Usually when situations like this come up I don't have as much trouble handling it as I have this time. I think it's because everyone I usually call is gone. My mom & sis are in Honduras, my husband is crazy busy with work, my best friend is in Oklahoma. I've been feeling all alone in my struggles this week. My own fault.

My attitude this week has kept me from spending time with Him each morning. I know how important a daily "quiet time" is in keeping a right perspective. I know now that my lack of time with my Creator is what contributed to my bad attitude. I love it when God uses other people to shake me back into thinking right. I pray it's a while before it has to happen again.

No comments: