About Me

Friday, July 18, 2008

When it rains, it pours...

When it rains, it pours I guess. This has turned out to be a pretty cruddy week for the Wells family. I woke up this morning to the sound of Elisa throwing up. Poor girl. She has a really weak stomach and is quite a small girl - so any amount of throwing up is really not a good thing. She gets dehydrated really easily - and I worry about her.

I'm still de-bugging (see previous post) like crazy. I've cleaned more in the last 24 hours than I have in the last 2 weeks combined. Poor Elisa - I've been pulling those tiny things out of her hair for over 4 hours collectively now. We keep having to take breaks because the baby is crying or Syd is hysterically trying to get my attention so that she can read the baby animals book again.

My mom and sister are out of the country, so I have no one to help me. I'm wishing Ricky could come home to help at least a little - he's wishing I would stop asking him to do something he cannot do. Things are icky to say the least. I really want a vacation - from mommy duties. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids - and love being their mom, but today I'm desperate for a break. I'd do anything for a 24 hour vacation from my house and my family. I don't think I've ever said this in my life - but I'd really love to just be alone.

I struggled yesterday with my attitude. I'm still struggling. I know that God is in control - and that these are little annoyances compared to some of the other things we've dealt with in our life together, but man - in the moment - it's really hard to have that perspective. I know that it is all about perspective - and am trying really hard to keep the big picture in my mind. I wish I had some spiritual application for all of this turmoil - but I don't yet. Maybe tomorrow when I have time to breath again.

No comments: