About Me

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Scripture of the Week - Week 3

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The LORD's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness" (Lamentations 3: 21-23).

To me it seems that this verse is all about perspective. Jeremiah had finally found a right perspective. He finally understood that no matter what is going on around you God stays the same. He is the same God that He has always been. Although we change, God never does. He is always good, always loving, always kind, always faithful - He will never let us down.

Here's a great Spurgeon quote for you:

"Say not my soul, 'From whence can God relieve my care?'
Remember that Omnipotence has servants everywhere.
His method is sublime, his heart profoundly kind,
God never is before his time, and never is behind."

No comments: