About Me

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ricky's Birthday

[disclaimer: this post contains much sappy-ness]

Today my sweet husband turns 31!

Can't believe that I've known this man for almost 11 years now. It was like a fairy tale when we met so many years ago. We worked together at the Magic Time Machine restaurant in Dallas. I was a busgirl and he was a waiter. I was only 17. I know I may sound crazy - but I truly do believe in love at first sight. Many moons ago, when we were both working one night. The whole group went out to eat after work. There were so many of us - we had to get a huge table. I was sitting next to my best friend and the guy I was sort of dating at the time. Ricky was across the table and to the left - not really close enough to talk to. In fact, we had never spoken to each other before that I remember. At one point in the evening, someone made a joke that was only sort of funny. I remember that immediately our eyes met. It was as if we had some inside joke between only the two of us. We shared a moment together with our eyes that I will never forget. It was the beginning of a beautiful love story.

Every single day, I am in awe that God has chosen such a perfect person for me. It's funny to me how from the outside it seems an odd matching. But God knows so much better than we ever could. He knew that there could never be anyone more perfect than Ricky for me. I am absolutely head over heels for this man. He is the other half of me - the better half for sure. I sincerely pray that God allows us to grow old together. I truly believe that he is my soul mate.
Here's a poem Ricky wrote for me almost 10 years ago...

Soul-Mates

Beauty beheld, a most wondrous sight.
Anxiety quelled, my heart takes flight.

Stirrings of love, an angel's eyes.
Sightings from a dove, view from the skies.

Heart leaps at a smile
Fear banished in exile.

Two brought together by courage and fate.
Love pulls two into one, destiny of soul-mates.

~ Happy Birthday, honey! I love you!

No comments: