About Me

Friday, November 07, 2008

Lessons from a 2 Year Old

Yesterday afternoon I was grappling with something God is currently showing me - that will require giant amounts of faith on my part - in trusting that He knows what He is doing and will do what He said He will do.

I really wanted to spend some alone time in prayer, but with 2 little ones - it wasn't an option at the time. So I decided to take the 2 little ones with me and take a walk to go pick up Elisa from school. I got both girls loaded up into the 2 person stroller (which is wonderful, by the way) and off we went.
We were barely to the sidewalk when Syd (my 2 year old) started telling me (not so politely, I might add) that I was going the wrong way. "No, this way Mommy!!" she kept telling me. "Wrong way - go that way!" she said. I laughed a little at the fact that my tiny little 2 year old thought she knew better how to get there than I did, then I sweetly said to her - "Sydney, I promise I know the way - why don't you just sit there and enjoy the ride."

Immediately I felt as though I was the funny little 2 year old, and God was the one laughing at me saying, "Kimberly, I promise I know the way (in fact, I am the Way) - why don't you just sit back and enjoy the ride."

I smiled a little as tears began to stream down my face. I am so tickled sometimes at how God chooses to speak to me.

No comments: