About Me

Thursday, July 31, 2008

One thing He has spoken, two things have I heard...

Isn't it amazing how when you're spending time in His word - you often don't want to leave it. I think that's why it's so important to memorize scripture - so that it's "hidden in your heart" & you never have to leave it - or better yet it never leaves you. I truly, truly enjoyed the scripture I read today. I read Job 14 & 15, Psalm 62 & Hebrews 18. I like going through the bible in a year plan b/c I love reading the old and new testaments together - and especially love reading a psalm or two a day.

In Psalm 62 - here is part of what I read & after that is what stood out to me about it...

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." (v 1-2)


"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (v8)

"One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done." (v11-12)

The last part is my favorite. You, O God, are strong & You, O Lord, are loving. What a perfect combination. What if He was strong, but not loving? Think about it. What if He was loving, but not strong? It amazes me how perfectly true that statement is. I am going to praise Him today because He is both strong AND loving. He is able to accomplish any task, to handle any situation, to take care of anything I need - and He loves me enough to do all of that. He will work everything out for good. He is able to do immeasurably more than I ask or imagine - and I can trust that He will. Praise God!

No comments: