About Me

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My wonderful, terrible, wonderful, terrible day...

Today has been a day. It started out w/ me being exhausted. I was up until the early morning treating my oldest (for the second time this month) for lice. Yuck!! Then I had to wake up a few hours later to get to church for a servant evangelism project (which I was very excited & hopeful about). It didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, but I was still encouraged. While there I also had the opportunity to meet with an amazing couple who are leading an Hispanic church plant that is currently meeting in our chapel. The wife is one of the most amazing women I've ever met. She has a way about her that is so inspiring. She lives the great commission like no one I've ever met. I walked away inspired, encouraged and so excited - really motivated to become a better wife, and a better Christ follower.

I then went to lunch with a group of 6 ladies from church. All of whom I think the world of. They are the best friends I've ever had - and I can't believe how blessed I am to know them and call them friends. One of them is moving away in less than a week - and this was our last hurrah all together. We even took a picture to commemorate the occasion. We talked about life, kids, God and cheescake and so many other things. I walked away inspired, encouraged and so very happy to have such wonderful friends.

I got home to a crazy messy house, the smell of rotten meat all over (the dog got into something crazy smelly), stinky kids and a long list of things I have to get done before tomorrow (of which I've only accomplished one). So I cleaned as much as I could while the baby wasn't screaming, put on a load of dishes, a load of laundry and sat down on the couch to get to work on my other list. I then got an email from someone I care for deeply letting me know that I had hurt their feelings. I had no idea. I immediately responded with a long attempt at an explanation and a very sincere apology. The details are not important. Basically, my stupid mouth got me in trouble again. (Can you hear the John Mayer song playing in my head??) So, now I was feeling uninspired, discouraged and pretty crappy overall.

I also found out today that my grandmother's health is declining and she may not make to Christmas. This is my only living grandmother and has always been special to me. She's almost 90, so it shouldn't be that shocking, but I'm having a really hard time with the idea of losing her.

Over the course of the evening my kids have spilled water all over the bathroom floor (enough to swim in), Syd fell and hit her face and it swelled up really big and turned black and blue, Elisa dropped my favorite Christmas plate and it shattered into a million pieces, Maya's tummy has been hurting so she's been crying almost non-stop, the dog stole an important part off my back door and took it out into the backyard to tear it up (it's now unfixable), I slipped on spit up, got peed and pooped on & am feeling pretty sick myself (I think I've caught a bug).

I've finally got all three girls down now, and am ready to go to sleep. I feel sad, sleepy, still a little inspired and also a little depressed.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Wow! What a day! I am praying that today was much better and that you have a fantastic week!