About Me

Monday, July 14, 2008

Today I believe

I love the online Bible Study resources that are available - http://www.crosswalk.com/ is probably my favorite. I also love Charles Swindoll. His book, the Grace Awakening changed my life. Here is a devotional he wrote that I read today...
http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/daybyday/

It was very timely for me. Especially the end which reads...

"Can you make these four statements? If you can . . . will you?
1. I am here by God's appointment.

2. I am in His keeping.
3. I am under His training.
4. He will show me His purposes in His time.

By God's appointment, in God's keeping, under His training, for His time. What an outstanding summary of what it means to trust in the Lord with all your heart!"

I needed that perspective today. I needed to be reminded that there is nothing that happens in my life that God is not aware of and did not allow. He is in complee control of my finances, my family, my friends, my church, and everything else that affects me. I can trust Him to work it all out for good. I must be obedient to what He's called me to - I must believe His word - I must trust Him. I gotta go day by day with this one cause it's hard. Today I trust - today I believe.

No comments: