About Me

Monday, June 09, 2008

So much, so much...

...is going on. Friday night was our "WOW night" (Women of Worth). My sister spoke for the first time in front of a large group of women. She was nothing short of amazing! I would say that even if she weren't my sister - really I would. I've heard so many comments from the women that attended talking about what they took away fom the event - and I'm not just talking about the door prizes of which there were many! I even learned something from my little sister. I LOVE that. God was really present that night and I was so excited to see Him using my sister to touch lives. I can't wait for the next time she will be able to speak.

I also have a show this Friday night at Dunn Bros Coffee in Keller. I'm trying to learn a few new songs - one in particular that's proving harder than I expected. I even dreamed about it last night - ick. I'm hoping lots of people come since no one came last time. I really want Dunn Bros to keep booking me b/c it's a great venue for people who might also want to book me to come and have a listen.

I'm also just finally coming out of a 2 week long funk. I've been quite bummed lately about a lot if stuff and have over the weekend finally got some perspective on alot if it. The rest of it I am giving up to God. I can't sit in my pity party any longer. As my mom would say - it's time to "suck it up and be a girl".

No comments: