About Me

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Girls, Girls, Girls

Most mornings I wake up weary and stressed about the day ahead - with 3 girls, and one very stubborn dog. This morning I woke up feeling very blessed specifically because of all of the things that normally cause so much stress. Perhaps it is partially because my youngest slept for 5-6 hours straight last night (can't remember exactly when she went down) which is amazing! I only had to wake up to feed her once in the middle of the night. Maybe it's because my middle daughter, who normally is a bit of a handful, has been uncharacteristically sweet lately. Or maybe it's because my oldest daughter, who is normally at school during the day, has been staying home sick since Monday - and is abnormally quiet when she's sick. Maybe it's all of the above. I just know that this morning, while I was in my morning routine - changing diapers, picking up trash, starting a load of laundry, letting the dog out, feeding the kids, and the list goes on - I was overwhelmed with the fact that I am a very blessed woman. My kids, although difficult most of the time, are so incredibly special. They are beautiful and smart and sweet - and I love them desperately. My husband often forgets to take the trash out in the morning (we end up with multiple bags of trash daily), but this morning remembered - which made me feel loved and taken care of (silly, I know - but it is what it is).
I know I sound a little sappy this morning. I know it may seem silly. I just had to make note of this moment since they come so rarely. I hate that most of the time I am focused on the difficulties and annoyances instead of the wonderful and amazing things about being a wife and mom. I hope that I can hold on to this moment a little longer - and maybe remember it more often in the future. I would encourage you to take a minute today and realize how amazing your life is. What are you grateful for? What are the things you can't imagine your life without? Thank God for them. He didn't have to give me an amazing husband and 3 beautiful girls. He chose to - and for that I can't help but be a little emotional this morning.

No comments: