About Me

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Getting Serious

I read a post today by Heather Zempel, who is the Pastor of Discipleship at National Community Church in Washington DC. It is very timely for me and for my church (FBC Watauga). You should read it here. It's short and well worth the read.

She talks about what she calls a "holy desperation". I completely agree with everything she says. If we were to get really serious about the things of God - we'd be putting a whole lot more effort into seeing people as He sees people, into preparing ourselves to be a part of His work, and into being who He's called us to be.

I sincerely hope and pray that tomorrow I will be different than today - that I will be more serious about what God has called me to - and about the people around me who desperately need Jesus!

No comments: