About Me

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Dose of Perspective

I read a post by Tally Wilgis just now that I couldn't keep from sharing with you. Check it out here. It's all about his observations during a visit to another church. The best part is at the end...

"Each week when Christians and Selfians collide... someone WILL BE uncomfortable. Why is it that the Christians want to make the Selfians uncomfortable? Why can't the Christians say "If someone has to be uncomfortable in this transaction, let it be us. I'm okay with letting my saved family do church in a theater with beer ads all around." The way those beer ads hit many church goers is the same way a stained glass window, a tie, or hymnals hits the Selfians. If I KNOW there will be SOMEONE uncomfortable... I want it to be our church members and attendees. Let it be me! If it will allow my selfian friend to see Christ in his own context... so be it."

Good stuff - right?

No comments: