About Me

Friday, October 07, 2005

Fear and the Absence of Blog

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last blog (sounds kind of like a confession, huh?). I've been so busy with work and church and other stuff that I haven't had much time to do anything else - like blogging.

I got the new Switchfoot CD - it's pretty good (not as good as the last one - but still good) and the new Audio Adrenaline CD - it's even better! I still need to get the new David Crowder Band CD - it will be the best of the 3 - I'm pretty sure.

I'm reading Ed Young's book, Know Fear - and it rocks! I didn't know I was so afraid until I started reading his book. We're going to start a small group study based on the book - which I'm very excited about. It always amazes me how many things I am afraid of. I hate horror movies just for that reason. As if I don't have enough to be scared about - they have to invent a whole new scenario to freak me out! I'm realizing that it is all in my head. It's a tool used to keep me from believing and trusting in God. When I'm afraid, I'm basically saying that my God is too small. I don't want that to be me anymore! I know who my God is and what He is capable of - now I need to remember to remind my brain of those things. Sounds simple - but it's not. It's hard to trust. I will take it one day at a time - and hopefully someday it will be a little easier.

No comments: