About Me

Monday, July 21, 2014

It's MY Stuff! But is it really?

Conversation with my 6-year-old this morning went something like this:

Maya: I don't want her to play! (Talking about her 2-yr-old sister)
Me: Why not?
Maya: Because she always messes everything up. And besides - it's MY STUFF!
Me: Actually since I bought it - it's MY stuff and you don't have the right to keep it all to yourself.

As those words were coming out of my mouth, it was as if God was saying them to me.

Truth is, sometimes I'm a six-year-old. I want what I want and I don't want to share. Not talking about toys here (although that probably applies to more grown-ups than you might think).  I'm talking about my money, my time, my resources, myself - anything that I have that could be used of God to bless someone else or to further His kingdom work.  It all belongs to Him.  Everything I have...everything I am or could be - it's all because of God.  I have absolutely NO right to keep it all to myself.  


16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above,coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created."  James 1:16-18



No comments: