About Me

Monday, June 17, 2013

Blessed and Happy

It's been almost 5 months since we started homeschooling.  I've learned more about my kids in the last 5 months than I have in the last several years - especially my oldest!  We've spent the last 5 months getting to know each other again, establishing a routine of sorts, trying out curriculum, figuring out how not to completely demolish our house every single day (still working on that one), and really enjoying our time together (at least I have been ).

My oldest LOVES homeschooling!  She says it is more fun and that she actually likes what she's learning (for them most part).  She really does seem to be thriving.  The big middle is doing well too - I can't give her enough work to make her happy - she keeps begging for more.  She's gone from reading easy readers to reading chapter books in just a few short months - she especially loves the adventures of Ramona Quimby (one of my own personal favorites!).  The little middle is not quite as thrilled with homeschooling.  She is a bit of a different child and it is taking me a little longer to figure out her unique learning style - but we're working on it!

I really cannot explain how much I've been learning about each of my children!  It has been such a journey up to this point and I am thrilled with the choice that we made to homeschool.  Perhaps the most wonderful thing I have learned over the last few months is how incredibly blessed I am, how very much I adore my children, and how I don't want to miss another minute of their growing up.  I don't even want to think about all that I've already missed.  I just want to move forward without taking even one of those moments for granted.  What a blessed and happy Momma I am!




No comments: