About Me

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Transition

I've been working on so many things lately that my blog has sort of fallen through the cracks.  Boo.

Mostly I've been just enjoying my summer away from the classroom with my three favorite girls - so I guess it's actually a YAY!  I've been on a sort of blog-cation I guess.  But I'm ready to get back at it. 

I have so much to post, but I suppose I'll start with letting you know that I have a new church and a new ministry there.  It all happened a bit fast, and I've been a bit busy since, but Ricky and I are very excited and are certain that God has led us to this place in our lives and we will follow in obedience to the One that we serve. 

There will be much more to come about all this, but for now - I'll just say that although we KNOW that this was God's leading and are very excited about our new church and all of the new friends we have already met and begun to share our lives with - we will VERY MUCH miss our family at FBC Watauga.  We've spent the last three years sharing our lives with each of you and sharing yours also - and we hope that will continue.  We love each of you more than words can express and are very sad that we won't be able to see you multiple times each week.

Thank you SO much for all your understanding, love and support during this transition for our family.  We are and forever will be grateful to our family at FBC Watauga and know that God will continue the work He began in the beautiful family of believers there and also through my family and new church at Eagle Mountain Baptist Church.

Philippians 1:3-6 seems appropriate right now to describe the way I feel...

"I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,  being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

No comments: