About Me

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Lord is my Maestro

In my Thursday morning bible study, we are studying the Psalms.  Several weeks ago, while studying Psalm 23, we were challenged to create our own psalm.  It took me several weeks, but I finally did.  I know it's a little cheesy and I am a rhyme-er, so it mostly all rhymes.  But - here it is nonetheless:

     The LORD is my Maestro, I will sing for Him alone.

     He fills me with joy and excitement as He lets me play my part,
     He rejoices over me with singing, and puts His music in my heart.

     He stirs my soul and pulls out the innermost parts of me,
     So that I can play a part in His majestic symphony!

     Even when life is hard and I'm stuck in a minor key,
     I know He'll lead me through it with His perfect melody.

     And when no one cares or understands the songs I choose to sing,
     He lovingly reminds me that I'm singing only for my King!

     As God allows, my lifesong will proclaim His Holy Name,
     And then He'll fly me up to Heaven where I'll worship with the saints!

No comments: