About Me

Friday, February 13, 2009

Hello, is this Poison Control??

So I know I already posted about our close call from last night with the dog's overdose, but needed to update you with our second 'overdose' of the last 24 hours. Seriously.

I was cleaning the kitchen and looked over to find Syd (my 2 yr old) on the couch holding my newly bought bottle of pepcid complete. I forgot to put it back up on the counter this morning after taking one - OH NO!

I ran over to the couch to find a very happy, sneaky looking kid, an empty bottle, a pile of chalky pink tablets all over the couch and one in her sneaky little mouth. Asked her to spit it out - too late - already swallowed. I began counting the tablets. There were 25 in the bottle to begin with minus the 2 I had over the last 24 hours minus the 19 I found piled up on the couch and that leaves 4 TABLETS!! I asked her how many she ate and she said 5 - but she's two and can't count - so I figured my math was more correct.

I immediately called Poison Control and they said that she will probably be constipated, and might throw up, but it won't kill her. So, I hung up the phone ready to kill her myself (just kidding for all you who have your hand on the phone about to call child protective services) - and had a very serious talk with her about why you shouldn't eat medicine that mommy doesn't give you. She laughed - I cried - good talk.

So it is now only 11:45 and already I've had to clean up the aluminum foil that Syd spread across the den (it is now in a very lovely aluminum foil ball b/c I couldn't get it rolled back up), clean up the mess from my dog throwing up a sock (yes - he also eats socks!), and call poison control to make sure my daughter was not going to die from an antacid overdose. I'm laughing out loud even typing it all!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am in the running for mom of the year - and I'm sure after this post I have your vote.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Wow, what a night/day!!! I am glad you can laugh about it now.
Ahhhh mommy moments!