About Me

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

10 years and counting

We met at the Magic Time Machine Restaurant. He was the Outlaw Josey Wales. I was Pippi Longstocking - big hair and all. He was so cute. But he hated his job waiting tables (it was actually one of 3 jobs I think - trying to work his way through college). So he quit. I was sad - but didn't think he even knew who I was. Apparently he did. He decided that he would have to get his job back so he could get to know me well enough to ask me out. He came back as Captain America. I remember the day really well. I had just finished putting on my Pippi wig and walked out of the girls bathroom when Ricky's friend, Aaron (now he's my friend too of course) came out of the boy's bathroom and asked me if I had any safety pins because Ricky was having trouble with his costume. Ricky?? I remember getting really nervous & excited flutters in my stomach when I realized that Ricky was back!! I was so excited - and so nervous so I avoided him all night.

At the end of the night when we were all starting to clean up he caught me at the dishwasher and asked if he could talk to me in the lunch box (it's a booth - they all have themes). I tried to be all cool, but was freaking out. I said sure. So we went to the lunch box (which seats 10 I think) and sat at opposite ends of the long table (smooth). Then he asked me out. And after I finished sweeping my station we talked all night (until midnightish) in the valentine booth.

Our first date was June 22, 1998. We went to Bennigan's & a movie (actually 2 - although I only remember one of them - 6 days 7 nights. It was horrible).

So - 10 years ago began our relationship. At the time I couldn't imagine loving him any more than I did - but now I realize how wrong I was. After 10 years I couldn't imagine a more perfect person to spend my days and nights with.

Ricky, you are amazing. You have such integrity, you are crazy smart, you are so kind and compassionate. You make me feel beautiful, and special & talented. You are a better father every day - better than any other father I know. You make me so proud to be your wife. I love you more than I could ever say.

Thank you for 10 years of adventure & excitement - here's to 10 more!

No comments: