About Me

Sunday, April 22, 2007

My stupid mouth..

Have you ever had that moment where you did or said something entirely stupid? I know I'm not the only one - although I'm beginning to think I have more than my share of those moments. I'm standing there and as the thing is coming out of my mouth I'm wishing I could take it back. Not because it was a bad thing - but because the timing was all wrong. It was perceived in entirely the wrong way - not at all how I meant it. I forgot to filter. I wasn't paying enough attention to the situation and I hurt someone's feelings - or rather made someone mad. It was not my intention and I am tortured over it. I couldn't wait even an hour to call that person and apologize from the bottom of my heart. I'm still a little tortured over it. The person said it was no big deal and that they are not mad - but my heart still hurts b/c my stupid mouth hurt someone.

Do you ever have those moments? I hope you don't - or at least not as often as I do. I've been singing the John Mayer song, "My Stupid Mouth" in my head ever since.

Next time I'll be more careful of the timing and context before I let loose with my tongue.

No comments: