About Me

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Miscellaneous Updates

I feel like I'm confessing...it has been 2 months since my last blog post. I feel just terrible.

But - now I have lots to tell...

I am now 5 weeks away from the arrival of our new bundle of joy. We've decided not to find out the gender - so the anticipation is starting to get to me. Will it be a boy or a girl??? My baby shower was Saturday - and only 3 people voted that they think it'll be a girl. There were almost 20 votes for boy. I'm kind of thinking its a boy, too. We shall see.

It's getting really difficult to play guitar on Sundays - so we are looking for a temporary replacement. If you know of anyone...

I only have about 3 more weeks of work at my day job. I'm really looking forward to being at home full time. It'll be the first time I didn't have to work an 8-5 job in about 5 years.

My daughter is about to start 1st grade - and is also about to turn 6. She's getting so grown up! She lost her first tooth about a week ago - and is the cutest thing I've ever seen. She was so proud of herself because of how brave she was.

Silly story, though: Right after she lost the tooth - we mentioned the tooth fairy to her. And it COMPLETELY FREAKED HER OUT!!! She was terrified at the idea of some strange fairy coming into her bedroom at night. So we had to tell her that the tooth fairy doesn't exist and that Mommy and Daddy would just leave her some money under her pillow as a special bravery award. It reminded me of last Easter - when someone told her about the Easter Bunny - and we had to spend an entire day convincing her that there really is no Easter Bunny, so that she would be able to sleep at night. She's also afraid of the idea of Santa Clause. Last Christmas we told her the real story of Santa Clause (St Nicholas) thinking it would be better than selling the story to her. But someone else in our family spent a long time trying to convince her that there really is a Santa Clause that would climb through her chimney at night - she didn't sleep all night because she was so creeped out.

I guess she really takes after her daddy - she's so practical! I'm also wondering if it's too early to diagnose OCD. It's amazing how much like daddy she is becoming. She's even starting to really look like him.

Okay - I think that's all my updates.

Check out my church website at www.compasswired.com - there's lots of stuff going on now that you won't want to miss!

No comments: