About Me

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Ideal Minister

I was reading an old post by Art Good who is the pastor of Fish Lake Assembly of God in LaPorte, Indiana. It was called The Ideal Pastor, and was talking about how society & the church generally have a very different idea of what would be the ideal pastor than God has. He talked about the story of when God chose David (through Samuel) out of all of Jesse's sons as the one to lead Israel.
Through the prophet Samuel God said "the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7)."
Though I've read this verse many times - I found deep encouragement in it today. God knows my heart - and it doesn't matter if I fit the worship leader mold - it only matters what God sees.
There's another scripture that Johnny has quoted often- "For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed." - Acts 13:36.
To serve God's purpose in my own generation is all that I can aspire to. I can rest assured that God's will is perfect - and that as long as I remain in Him, it will be accomplished.

No comments: