About Me

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Heart Factor

I have just started reading a book called "The Sacred Romance" by Brent Curtis and John Eldridge and had to share a piece of it with you:
"In the end, it doesn't matter how well we have performed or what we have accomplished - a life without heart is not worth living. For out of this wellspring of our soul flowers all true caring and all meaningful work, all real worship and all sacrifice. Our faith, hope, and love issue from this fount, as well. Because it is in our heart that we first hear the voice of God and it is in the heart that we come to know him and learn to live in his love."

It is often interesting to me, although not suprising, that when God is trying to tell me something He will continue to tell it to me in as many ways as possible until I get it. Well, God - message received. In the beginning of the book I am reading, the author mentions that all of us - no matter our relationship with Christ, are always wanting more. More love, more emotion, more meaning - More Heart. I can definitely relate to the desire for more out of life - as I'm sure you can. I have been overwhelmed with the feeling lately that there is so much more than I am getting. I seek God - but do I seek Him hard enough? I praise God - but do I praise him often enough? I worship God - but do I worship with ALL of my life, or simply with my song? I have to confess that everything I could ever give would never be enough. So, how do I get more? I'm not exactly sure. I suppose that just knowing that there is more will force me to seek harder and praise more often and try to learn how to worship with everything that is me. At least I hope that is the case.

No comments: