About Me

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Learn to do Good. Seek Justice. Help the Opressed...

I read this passage today in my quiet time.  I can't get it out of my mind.  I know that it's just sitting there waiting to mess me up entirely.  I hope so.  I can't wait for God to mess me up.  Here's what it said...

"Wash yourselves and be clean!  Let me no longer see your evil deeds.  Give up your wicked ways. 

Learn to do good.

Seek Justice.

Help the opressed.

Defend the orphan.

Fight for the rights of widows.

Come now, let us argue this out, says the LORD.  No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it.  I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow.  Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool.  If you will only obey me and let me help you, then you will have plenty to eat.  But if you keep turning away and refusing to listen, you will be destroyed by your enemies.  I, the LORD, have spoken!"

Isaiah 1:16-20

No comments: